Saturday 16 May 2015

Resistance by Kayla Howarth (Review)

    As the second instalment of The Institute, Resistance continues the story of Allira and her fight for the freedom of her brother, herself and all the other Defectives. I found Resistance to be a very good story. I was very interested in the flow of the plot and the depth of some of the characters.  A highlight of the story, for me, was the determination of the main character Allira. Even when she was confused she was a strong and determined character.
   A complaint I have about the novel was how it treated the topic of sex. I felt like it was a little too flippant about it. My biggest problem with Resistance is the ending, which I will not spoil. I felt that the ending was not satisfying and a wee bit over dramatic/unnecessary. Needless to say, I did not enjoy the ending of the novel.
   Back to the positives, I really liked the concepts of the Defectives powers. They were each individual and unique. To sum it up, I liked but did not love Resistance and give it the rating of  TWO AND A HALF  STARS OUT OF FIVE!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review* 


No comments:

Post a Comment