Monday 25 May 2015

Descent (Kissed by Death #3) by Tara Fuller (Review)

   In a dark adventure through Hell, an angel of joy and a reaper of Hell learn to love and how put their pasts behind them. Decent is a very dark and disturbing story, which makes sense because it takes place mainly in Hell. Descent definitely does not sugarcoat the horrors that would come with Hell. I found it hard to concentrate on the rest of the plot when I was preoccupied being horrified the the graphic terrors described.
   I did love the purity and selflessness of the main character, the angel named Gwen. She has a huge heart for others and all she wants to do is take away their pain and replace it with joy. I also liked Easton. Although I could deal without his extreme moodiness, Easton was a pretty chill and spunky reaper. Him and his reaper friends were all unique and distinct characters that had a well developed dynamic, even though they were not mentioned a lot as a group in this novel. I thought both main characters had solid motivations for their actions and Easton is definitely a well developed character.
      Descent is has a strong narrative, but was very dark. So dark that some times that it was hard to actually concentrate on the story. I give Decent the rating of THREE AND A HALF STARS OUT OF FIVE!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment