Monday 11 August 2014

The Phantom Diaries by Kailin Gow (Review)

     I was pumped to read this book, because I looooove The Phantom of the Opera. The Phantom Diaries is a recreation of sorts of The Phantom of the Opera in the 21st century. It started off very well and enjoyable, but then it got weird. Voodoo, real ghosts, evil Christeen, immortality curses, and all that jazz started cropping up in the story. I could have overcome those enormous deviances from the theme of the original Phantom, if it were not for the the main character is disloyalty in her love life. She is leading on three guys at the same time, and does not care. One she actually loves and sleeps with, the Phantom, and two that she would drag around, sometimes kissing, sometimes going on dates with. Those are the lead violinist, and the Opera house rich owner. I cant stand crap romantic drama. This has a lot of crap romantic drama. This book was pretty bad, I only give it two stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment