Thursday 3 March 2016

Getting to Know the Authors: Featuring Jaymin Eve!

Bio:
     Jaymin Eve has a passion for reading, writing and arithmetic ... okay maybe not the last one but definitely the first two. She loves surrounding herself with the best things in life: her two girls, a good book and chocolate.
    Living on the beautiful Gold Coast, in Australia, the family loves spending lots of time on the beach. And travelling as frequently as possible.
    When Jaymin isn't trying to wrangle two daughters, a puppy and her husband, you will find her hiding in a corner trying desperately to write her stories (without little fingers pressing random keys). She asks forgiveness if you notice the occasional sskkkkssjs appearing in her book, her children are proud of their contribution.
    Check her out on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/JayminEve.Author

What she has written:  
First World (Walker Saga, #1), Spurn (Walker Saga, #2), 
Crais (Walker Saga, #3), Regali (Walker Saga, #4), Nephilius (Walker Saga, #5), 
Dronish (Walker Saga, #6), Earth: The Final Battle (Walker Saga, #7), 
Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1), Dragon Mystics (Supernatural Prison, #2), 
Dragon Mated (Supernatural Prison, #3), 
Songbird (A Sinclair Story, #1), 
Ash (Hive Trilogy, #1) and Anarchy (Hive Trilogy, #2).  

Now on to the Interview!!!
1) How old were you when you started writing, in your opinion? 
    I started writing my first novel when I was 21. I was not really a writer before this, I was a reader. A voracious reader who devoured everything in my path, all different genres, My love of reading is what started me on the path to being a writer, I had so many thoughts and ideas, and eventually had no choice but to put them down into some very rough stories. It took me about five years, on and off, of writing and rewriting before I eventually had a decent idea of what I was doing.

2) What do you want a reader to gain from reading your works?
    Escapism. I read because I want to live a million lives, without ever having to leave my bedroom. Sometimes life was/is hard for me, and I can always rely on a book to bring a smile to my face. I would love if my books could do that for people.

3) What are your three top suggestions on becoming an author, or being a pleasure writer?
    Write a lot. Read a lot. And don't give up. It's not an easy job, but it is an amazingly rewarding one.

4) What is your favourite novel, why? 
    Couldn't possibly pick one, but recently I have loved Everly Frost and Leia Stone's books.

5) Who is your favourite author, why?
    My favourite overall would be Jennifer L. Armentrout. I love the way she writes her characters and storylines, she uses the perfect blend of romance, action and suspense.

6) What are your favorite pass times besides writing?
    Reading, travel, music, cooking and discovering new foods.

7) Who in your life do you credit your imagination to the most? 
    My mum, she always encouraged a love of reading, and allowed us to explore the book world as much as we wanted.

8) What are the top five things on your bucket list? 
    Travel to Europe. Take my kids to Disney Land. Movie/TV deal on one of my books. Do something worthwhile with charity work. Make enough money so that my parents can retire.

9) What is your funniest childhood memory?
    I have a lifetime of beautiful childhood memories. My family are wonderful, and we spent many a night just sitting at the dinner table, eating and laughing about life. That's where my funniest, and best memories are from. 

10) To the youth of today, if you could tell them one thing, what would it be? 
    To be kind. There are more than enough people out there who crave power, money and success. What the world needs is more kindness and love for the world and its people.

No comments:

Post a Comment