She's the daughter of a professor and a film historian, and she grew up seeing a lot of movies. Currently, she's taking her first ever college English literary criticism course, which is opening her mind in all sorts of exciting ways.
Check her out on Goodreads!
Now on to the Interview!!!
2. Learn to edit. About 20% of my writing effort goes toward a first draft. The other 80% goes into editing. Your first draft shouldn’t look anything like your last draft, and unless you learn to embrace and love editing, your writing will never be what it could be.
3. Practice. I’ve taken a million workshops, I got my master’s, I meet with an editing partner and a critique group, and there’s nothing I learned anywhere that replaces practice. There’s no substitute. Sit down and down it. Make the time.
2. Visit the pyramids.
3. Visit the Mayan ruins (not all of them, but a good percentage).
4. Learn to SCUBA dive.
5. Have a dog in my house that has puppies. I’ve always wanted to watch the early life cycle of dogs—sort of journeying with them from the moment they’re born to the moment they go to their families. But I’m reluctant to add to the dog population (I have four rescues), so I might have to work something out with a pregnant foster.