Tuesday 15 March 2016

Dreamfever (Dreamfire #2) by Kit Alloway (Review)

    The second installment of  the Dreamfire series, Dream fever continues the story of Josh and her friends, family and enemies. After defeating Feodor, a crazy scientist gone very bad, Josh and Will are hurt deeper then any flesh wound. As new dangers arise and a new hero appears, Josh and Will being to fall into themselves and their pain. 
    I loved the first novel in the series, Dreamfire, which leads me to be very surprised how much I disliked Dreamfever. It was hard to read with a lot of boring inner dialogue that did not effectively move the plot along. I found I could not reconnect with any of the characters in this book, which saddens me because of how much I loved them in the previous novel. They had lost some of the depth that made them interesting in the first place, and with the new character randomly thrown in, I felt very disconnected from the story. Plot wise, everything was slow and unsatisfying. I really could not get into the novel no matter how hard I tried. I definitely do not recommend this novel. I give Dreamfever the rating TWO OUT OF FIVE STARS!!!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment