Saturday 19 March 2016

An Unattractive Vampire by Jim McDoniel (Review)

    Hilarious and witty, An Unattractive Vampire makes a joke of the sexy, glittery and oiled up vampires we have in our media today. Yulric Bile, a thousand-year-old evil vampire with such lovely nicknames as the Cursed One, the Devil s Apprentice, and He Who Worships the Slumbering Horrors is thrown into our modern day and is appalled by how vampires are. In his quest for revenge and to set things right, he teams up with the young reincarnation of his arch enemy and his older sister to take on the pretty undead.
    This book had me in stitches. It's dark and sarcastic humor had me constantly laughing. I found each character enriched the story and were comical on their own merit. I was impressed how something as dark as an evil, ancient, and murderous vampire could be made to be so hilarious. His grumpy and unimpressed manner was great and made for great jokes. I especially loved the little extras found at the bottom of the page to be very funny. Their little blurbs of sarcastic humor or witty narrative/commentary just enriched the book. I recommend An Unattractive Vampire if you are looking for a good laugh and I give it the rating of FOUR AND A HALF STARS OUT OF FIVE!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment