Wednesday 8 May 2019

The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves #1) by Roshani Chokshi (Review)

       Set in a magical France, a series of uniquely qualified individuals take on the heist of a century. The Gilded Wolves tell a story about this special group of thieves is made up of people who all come with their own important motives and skill sets. The leader is a rejected heir to one of the most powerful families in the world, trying to get his future back, the chemist is a broken girl trying to make some money for her sister after fleeing prison, the historian is a revolutionist who wants to be respected by his peers, and the others run distractions with their own separate goals and plans.  
      I found this book moderate. I think many people could read it and fall absolutely head over heals for it, but I personally found that it was just missing a little something. I'm not sure what, but the spark just wasn't there for me. Maybe it was because the book didn't really go deeper or tie in the pasts and motives of almost all the cool characters, so none of them had a satisfying character arc. Yah, all I feel about The Gilded Wolves is that it has all the ingrediants of a great book, but for some reason the taste did not blow me away. Maybe it was an editor thing, because I've loved Roshani's other works, but somthing about this book just fell short of making me a huge fan. All in all, I give The Gilded Wolves the rating of FOUR STARS OUT OF FIVE!!!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment