Wednesday 8 May 2019

The Black Coats by Colleen Oakes (Review)

    A new book from Colleen Oakes, The Black Coats tells a story about a group of slighted and hurt girls who a brought into a covert vigilantee group that gets revenge on the men who get away with crimes rangeing from arson to full blown murder. After Natalie tragically looses her cousin to an unexplained murder, and the culprit is not brought to justice, she is induceted into The Black Coats and trained for violence, with the promise that if she helps them, they will get justice for her cousin and punish the killer. As she gets further and further into the organization, some things start becoming more and more suspicious and Natalie starts suspecting them from not being what they claim to be, but once a Black Coat, always a Black Coat, and if Natalie pushes, she might not like what pushes back.
        Meh. It was okay. I found the story was okay, and had some engaging parts, but overall that I was bored while reading it. I didn't really connect with most of the characters and only vaguely cared about Natalie, which was a huge problem. I found it hard to invest, which sucked because I generally love Colleen Oakes writings. Oh well, I guess they can't all be winners. I give The Black Coats the rating of THREE AND A HALF STARS OUT OF FIVE!!!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment