Saturday 29 August 2015

Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin (Review)

    Placed in a world where Hitler and the Axis won World War Two, Wolf by Wolf takes on a new twist on WW2 and the results of the war. It begs to ask the question: what would have happened if the war was lost? In this intense and dangerous world, a young Jewish girl survives and escapes the concentration camps. Years later, she is racing across Europe and Asia to kill Hitler and save the world.
   When I read the concept for this book, I was very skeptical. Something about the concept struck me as iffy. Needless to say, I was happily surprised to find out that Wolf by Wolf was actually quite amazing written and a very deep read. It took me on an emotional ride and had me on the edge of my seat from the introduction to the very last word. It had me cheering on the deep and complex characters and looking at life and the second world war from new angles. I can't stress how much complexity there is in Wolf by Wolf. The sheer emotional depth of the story grabbed my gut, and the ties to real world events made it just that much more real and painful. Wolf by Wolf was an perfectly balanced story that did not seem to linger on non-important facts and moments. I am in love with the character voice and the methods of story telling used in this novel. Each moment of the novel felt potent.
       As you can probably tell, I loved Wolf by Wolf and recommend you read it when you get the chance. Without a doubt I give Wolf by Wolf the rating of FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment