Saturday 15 August 2015

Curse of The Sphinx (Sphinx #1) by Raye Wagner (Review)

    Curse of The Sphinx brings something new and something old to the table. It brings the well used mythology, but spices it up with putting the story in the perspective of one of the alleged monsters, a sphinx. Said Sphinx is named Hope Nicholason and she is on the run from the demigods who would just senselessly murder her without a second thought, the gods and creatures send from Hades to "keep the balance". Hiding away she can't make friends, can't share her secret and cannot stay long. Doing any of the three would only lead to hurt or even death.
      The story is addicting and emotionally engaging. I found that I was invested in the extremely well developed characters and and the complex plot. I could not put the book down. The story had a definite feeling of freshness to it. It felt new and refreshing. I can't get deeply into detail about why I loved Curse of The Sphinx without spoiling something or other, but I can say that I love the main characters and their struggles. I loved the sense of magic in the story, and I loved the underlying mystery that is hidden in the pages.
    I am super excited and am on the edge of my seat waiting for the next installment of the series. I totally recommend Curse of The Sphinx, its an awesome read, and give it the rating of FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS!!!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment