Monday 27 April 2015

Special Excerpt from White Raven!!

     "TJ and Rose kept the conversation rolling as I gave the appropriate one-word responses or a head nod. I didn’t have much of an appetite, mostly picking at my chicken Caesar salad and gazing out at the ocean, until…
   His hair was black as a wintry night, eyes icy blue as a gypsy’s heart. He had a lazy saunter about him and a glint of humor twinkling in those heart-melting eyes. There was nothing loose about his body, muscles bunching as he tethered a boat to the dock. I twiddled the straw, staring brazenly.
   Good God. I wanted to have his babies. Not now, but most definitely someday.
   And just like that, my summer got a billion times hotter…and interesting—way more interesting. I bit my lip, mulling over how I was going to accidently fall into his pants. Um—I mean path or even his lap would do, anything to get that one’s attention.
  Drool hit the table in a mad case of fangirl, and I didn’t even know his name.
As if he sensed he was being slobbered over, his eyes scraped over me, and I held my breath. Holy hot tamales. An electric bolt of…lust maybe, I really didn’t know what it was, but it coiled through my body, making me shudder. A flicker of an unidentified emotion crossed his face, right before a secret smile appeared on his lips. Oh man, don’t get me started on his lips.
   Elbows propped on the table, I rested my head on the edge of my palms, continually gazing and getting lost in the depths of his eyes. He hypnotized me. I followed his movements, my eyes glued to him. Then one of my elbows slipped off the table in classic Piper form, and down I went. I caught myself just before my chin whacked a corner of the patio table.
   Only me.
   Mortified, I closed my eyes.
TJ laughed. “Smooth, Pipe. I think you made a lasting impression.”"
    Want a copy for yourself? You can buy one at these links:
Purchase Links:
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/White-Raven-book-J-L-Weil/dp/1508970866/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429829010&sr=8-1&keywords=White+Raven
B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/white-raven-book-1-raven-series-jl-weil/1121638317?ean=2940151839297
Goodreads.com: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22043058-white-raven?ac=1

No comments:

Post a Comment