Sunday 15 March 2015

You Are Mine (Mine #1) by Janeal Falor (Review)

      Right off the bat the beauty of the cover caught my eye, but it was the synopsis that truly caught my attention. Reading the novel, I found a very disturbed society where women are objects and the amount of magic in your blood dictates your value in society. In this novel, one young girl goes on a slightly romantic adventure as she starts rebelling from her societies "norm" by becoming more and more independent with the aid of her "barbaric" fiance/owner. I found that there were some truly heart wrenching moments in this novel that made me cry a bit, and some truly boring lulls that were in the story as well. All in all, You are Mine was not bad. It was not the novel of the year, but it is definitely a unique story with a complex plot. It was an interesting read with some externally deep moments. I give You Are Mine THREE AND A HALF OUT OF FIVE STARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment