Tuesday 11 November 2014

Beneath Scarlett Valley (Scarlett Valley #1) by Kerr-Ann Dempster (Review)

     What is the meaning of this story? Is there any? I tried to even pull out the classic "True love trumps all" theme, but the love relationship is so sparse and un-romantic that I can't. As I've said before, a good romance can go a long way to improving a story; and the opposite is true too. I believe the lack of romantic development took a lot away from the story. In addition, there was not much character development for ANY of the characters. Those were the downsides of the book, the upsides are the interesting theme of Furor's and the discussion of immortality and if it is worth it. In addition, this book was not an extremely lengthy read. There was some definite strong internal conversations and thoughts that the readers are privy to. In the end though, I still am so half and half about this book. It was not good, but it was not bad. I give Beneath Scarlett Valley the most accurate rating to match how I feel about this book. Two and a half stars.
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment