Saturday 21 April 2018

Be Prepared by Vera Brosgol (Review)

    A middle grade graphic novel, Be Prepared is a cute story of a young Russian girl named Vera, attending a Russian orthodox summer camp and all the high-jinx that ensue. She runs into many empathize-able camp experiences, like rude older campers, like bad weather ruining the day and like the horrors of the camp toilets. I found myself often chuckling and outright laughing while reading Be Prepared.
       Vera is a sweet little girl. Her rough pre-pubesent experiences and feelings of loneliness tugs at the readers heart strings. As a female myself, there were a lot of experiences I empathized with, reminding me of the stuggles of being that age. I was very endeared to Vera. I would definitely let a younger girl read Be Prepared in a heartbeat. It has very pretty imagery and a nice art-style. I give Be Prepared my endorsement for younger to middle grade readers and give it the rating of FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS!!!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment