Saturday 28 July 2018

Spill Zone (Spill Zone #1) by Scott Westerfeld (Review)

      A fascinating graphic novel by the renowned Scott Westerfeld; Spill Zone is the start of a trippy tale where there is a young women named Addison that takes photos of the Spill Zone, illegally.  The Spill Zone is a mystery. Nobody knows what happened, or how it happened, but the city where it happened has never been the same. The Spill Zone almost cannot be explained with words as it defies physics, logic, reality and reason. Puddles there can flatten you to a 2D image, hallways go on forever, people have become floating meat-puppets and animals ooze random gunk. Its a horrifying place that defies imagination. It is quite an experience. 
       I was surprised how much I enjoyed this graphic novel. For the most part, I don't read many graphic novels, but recognizing Scott Westerfeld's name convinced me to give it a try. I loved it. It's trippy and exciting to read, with art that really sets the scene and the mood. Story-wise, not much happened (being how it is a graphic novel and they can only do so much), but what did happen was really exciting and fascinating. I found the fact that Addison's sister was effected by the Spill to be a degree of detail that kept me interested and theorizing. All and all, I really loved Spill Zone and give it the rating of FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS!!!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment