Thursday 5 July 2018

Dance of Thieves (Dance of Thieves #1) by Mary E. Pearson (Review)

      Taking place not many years after the events of the Remnant Chronicles final book, The Beauty of Darkness. The war is done, but evil men ate still out there, and its up to Kazi and her team to recapture it and bring these monsters to justice. To do so, she must infiltrate the kingdom of the mafioso-like-leader, Jase, and his mafia family known as the Ballengers. The queen suspects this family to be housing and harbouring these traitors and if they are, they are in violation of the treaty of kingdoms, meaning Kazi, a master thief, must take them to the queen for justice. As Jase and Kazi clash, sparks fly and the tensions rise. Who will win, who will lose, and what will it cost them, you'll have to read to find out.
       I really enjoyed Dance of Thieves, but I do have one complaint; the beginning of the story was very slow and boring. For the first two chapters, I was grinding my teeth in disinterest, but once I got past that hump, I became fascinated by the story. Kazi is a master thief and Jase is the fantasy version of a mafioso, and together they make an awesome team when they both get thrown into mutual danger. Kazi fights for the queen, and Jase fights for his family and their power, and united they fight to survive and return home. Romance wise, the novel was a little confused by fairly solid. I really liked the Mafia-like-feel that the Ballengers had. It was creative and exciting to see a modern story trope recreated in a historical fantasy setting. All in all, I really liked Dance of Thieves, as I did the Remanent Chronicles, and I give it the rating of FOUR AND A HALF STARS OUT OF FIVE!!!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment