Saturday 3 January 2015

Stranger (The Change #1) by Rachel Manija Brown and Sherwood Smith (Review)

     In a fictional post-apocalyptic world an injured young man finds refuge in a odd magical town, after discovering a treasure that someone else wants badly enough to kill for. In Stranger, there is definitely waaaaay too many characters to follow, which never really allows the reader to become invested in any of them. The characters of Mia and Jennie were also too similar and I was often confused about which one I was following. There was some action, and it was definitely exciting, but these scenes were few and far between. I felt like I needed a to make a list of all the  character and their connections to keep up with everyone, and that prevented the story from flowing coherently. I definitely don't recommend Stranger and give it the rating of two out of five stars.
*Advance Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment