Monday 26 October 2015

Alpha Unleashed (Alpha Girl #5) by Aileen Erin (Review)

    The fifth installment of the Alpha Girls series, Alpha Unleashed is the climax of the conflict with the evil witch Luciana. Luciana's end game is coming and Tessa and her wolves need to prepare for it. With demons cropping up all over the place the stakes rise, and the end quickly approaches.
     I found Alpha Unleashed to be excessively long. On more then one occasion I would find myself getting board and loosing interest in the story. There was plenty packed into the story, but reading it felt slow and tedious. I still like Tessa as a character, as well as Dastien her mate; but in this novel their characters felt less potent and witty. The story picked up at the end and became very good in the last few chapters, but up until then it was a difficult read. The series itself is stellar, and Alpha Unleashed was not a terrible addition. I felt the conclusion of the story was well done and was very satisfying. I love the wolves, witches and other creatures you encounter in this novel. Each of them are interesting and well described. The romance between Tessa and Dastien was great as always, which I did enjoy immensely. Ultimately I give Alpha Unleashed THREE AND A HALF STARS OUT OF FIVE!!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment