Wednesday 8 July 2015

Ice Kissed (Kanin Chronicles #2) by Amanda Hocking (Review)

   The second installment of the Kanin Chronicles, Ice Kissed continues the mystery of the dangerous traitors trying to take down the Kanin monarchy. Sent to a neighboring kingdom to investigate a missing Queen, Bryn Aven is thrown into a deeper world of danger, intrigue and mystery. Reading the novel, I found that Ice Kissed does not start off at it's best food, but the novel definitely improved farther you get into the story.
   There was a good chunk of politics towards the start, which was boring, but further I got into the story, more action and interesting moments began to occur. I still very much enjoy Bryn as a character, and believe her to be well developed. Her personality is solid and her motivations make sense to her actions. There are definitely some plot twist in this novel that I will not spoil, but that I will say where very intense to read,
   For the romantic connections in the novel, there is definitely room for improvement. I felt there was not enough tension and depth to the relationship between Bryn and her romantic interest. That lack of intensity did take away from the story in some ways. Looking past that though, I did enjoy reading Ice Kissed. I'm not sure I'd go as far as to recommend it, but if you are looking for a book to read in your free time, Ice Kissed and the Kanin series can definitely be a viable option. I give Ice Kissed the rating of FOUR OUT OF FIVE STARS!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment