Wednesday 8 August 2018

The Echo Room by Parker Peevyhouse (Review)

      Rhetts awakens to a blistering pain in his head, locked away with a strange girl, with no memory on how they got there. They don't know who to trust, and that is not aided by the fact that Rhett woke up with somebody else's blood on his hands. Why are they there? Why are they locked in? What have they locked out? A thriller/ mystery, The Echo Room cannot be described without giving away parts of the plot, which is unfair to any future readers. To prevent giving away any of the many plot points, this is as far as my description will go.
      Now to my thoughts on the story. I was bored. I was promised thrills unparalleled, but what I received was luke-warm confusion. I found that the story was an odd hodge-podge of a wanna-be horror, and dull thriller, and an odd and unexpected vomiting of science fiction. I found Rhett was a flat character, as was Bryn (his semi-companion), which was a huge negative influence on the rest of the novel.  Plot wise, I see where it was trying to engage the audience, but I feel it fell short of its desired plan. The story just didn't do it for me, and neither did the characters. I don't really recommend The Echo Room and give it the rating of TWO AND A HALF STARS OUT OF FIVE!!!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment