Thursday 9 August 2018

The Broken Vow (Spill Zone #2) by Scott Westerfeld (Review)

     The next instalment in the Spill Zone graphic novel series, The Broken Vow really ups the anti and raises the stakes. Addison has become a person of great interest to many groups of major power and influence. She has gone into the Spill Zone many times and has lived to tell the tale. As the mystery of her little sister's doll unfolds, and the Spill Zone begins to push further into the real world, threatening everything. Addison has a big challenge on her hands, trying to avoid being caught by the government, while saving her sister and stopping the Spill Zone with the help of a strangely powerful friend.
       Just like the first graphic novel in the series, The Broken Vow is a trippy story of unknowns and unexplainables. The imagery is fascinating and extremely creative, ranging from beautiful to pretty darn creepy. I loved it. I really hope the series is continued, as there was a lot of potential in the plot. I was really entertained and I would recommend this series, even to my non-reader friends. I really enjoyed the element of the creepy doll, as it really spiced up the story. All in all, I really enjoyed The Broken Zone and give it the rating of FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS!!!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment