Tuesday 19 December 2017

The Empress (The Diabolic #2) by S.J. Kincaid (Review)

    The second instalment in the Diabolic series, the Empress takes off from where Diabolic leaves off. Tyrus has ascended to the throne and he and Diabolic have many more problems in there way. They need to get the Excess and the Grandiloquy on their side if they are to have even a hope of changing the galaxy and stopping malignant space. Through all of this, they have to fight to survive and guard their backs from traitors and back stabbers who would wish to dethrone them.
      I liked the Empress, but it was a bit too dark for me to like. Unlike the gradual hopefulness you find in the previous novel, Diabolic, the Empress takes all that and shatters all your hope. Everything you dreamed up in the first book, nope say good-bye to those things. This books just slowly crushes all your dreams. I'm really hoping that the next instalment takes things back to a hopeful instalment, because presently my heart and head hurts from reading this instalment. That aside, the novel was engaging and really caught my attention. I'm not really sure what the message of the series is aiming to be, I guess I'll have to wait until the last instalment to figure that out. Ultimately, its not bad, and I for the most part enjoyed it. I give it the rating of FOUR OUT OF FIVE STARS!!!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment