Thursday 18 May 2017

Fate's Fables (Fate's Journey #1) by T. Rae Mitchell (Review)

       Magical and creative, Fate's Fables starts slow then beings to pick up momentum as a young author from our normal world is thrown into a world of fairytales and fables. Sucked into a cursed magical book, Fate and a strange man sucked in with her is confronted with 8 fables that they must give happily ever afters to, as to escape the book and return home. They seem tame enough at first, but as they goes through, things get darker and harder to make into happily ever afters. As the stakes raise, they grow closer together and secrets that could tear them apart come into the light. There very survival is put at risk by magical witches, trolls, dragons, children killers, dark evil fae and angry villagers out for blood.
       I actually quite enjoyed Fate's Fables. I started off skeptical, mainly because the beginning of the novel was slow and pretty normal, but then the characters got launched off into a crazy rollercoaster ride of magic with consequences and actual dangers and I was hooked in. I often find that magic and magical stories are fluffed up in stories and movies, but not in Fate's Fables. In this novel magic has consequences, decisions have consequences and that really gives a realistic feel to the novel. I liked Fate herself, but I loved her companions throughout the novel, they are what make Fate's story and interesting one. Fate was a dynamic character that had interesting and unique traits, for example, she fears worms, but not snakes. For most people, that would be the exact opposite. Story execution wise, this novel did a wonderful job. Each fable was well written, so much so that I felt like they could be real fables. I was quite impressed. All in all, I enjoyed Fate's Fables and I give it the rating of FOUR AND A HALF STARS OUT OF FIVE!!!

*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment