Friday 10 June 2016

Magnetic Shift by Lucy D. Briand (Review)

   In a world of high-speed races and cut throat competition, Lexi has a dangerous and wondrous ability. She can move metal with her mind. After being pretty much sold off to a NASCAR team by her father, she is swept up into a dangerous world where she meets Colton, an up and coming champion racer. As their love blooms things get more and more dangerous as a competitor tries to ruin things... in a potentially deadly way.
    Disclaimer, I am not a huge fan of racing, so I came into reading this book with a slight negative bias. That aside, I think Magnetic Shift is just an average book. I didn't find anything about it to be special or stand out as fantastic. It was actually quite boring and generic through most of the novel. There were some moments of supernatural intrigue, but they were left unexplained and were completely glossed over. The characters themselves were not excessively unique or developed either. I found it was a struggle to get into the book and actually care about the characters. Overall I didn't really enjoy the book and I give it only THREE AND A HALF STARS OUT OF FIVE!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment