Wednesday 9 September 2015

The Dream Engine by Johnny B. Truant and Sean Platt (Review)

    The Dream Engine is about a young girl in a steam punk society where everything is not as it seems, and dreams are stolen. This girl faces the great mystery of the Blunderbuss and it's hidden and darker aspects. Will she survive with her sanity?
    If I could describe The Dream Engine in one word, it would be with the word 'slow'. The story seemed to drag on forever. There was way to much explanation and description in the story, especially in scenes that don't necessarily need it, causing disinterest and boredom in the reader. I found it tedious a difficult to read this novel. I was struggling to motivate myself to read more pages of endless descriptions and dialogue about insanity, that frankly made no sense. I tried very hard to enjoy this novel and get into it, but I just could not. The more I read, the less I felt like the story was actually progressing anywhere. Honestly, I very much disliked reading this novel.
      I do not recommend it, I personally do not see it as a worth while read. I give The Dream Engine TWO OUT OF FIVE STARS!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment