Monday 30 September 2019

Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves #2) by Mary E. Pearson (Review)

     The sequel to the much loved Dance of Thieves, in Vow of Thieves starts with Kazi and Jase travelling back home Tor's Watch, all while... canoodling to pass their evenings. While traveling back, Kazi gets signs that things might not be great up ahead, and when they finally get back, they are attacked and Jase escapes mortally wounded, and Kazi is captured. Tor's Watch had fallen and alone and in captivity, Kazi is devastated and listless. She wants revenge, but her captors have Jase's kid siblings and if she lashes out, they will pay the price. Unsure what to do, Kazi has to navigate protecting Tor's Watch, the children and protected herself.
       Just like Dance of Thieves, I really enjoyed Vow of Thieves. The characters were all fun to read, dramatic and exhilarating, and I was often on the edge of my seat while reading this book. I will attempt not to spoil anything important, but I do have to say that the plot twist and turns in this novel had me actively gasping as I read. Kazi is still a great character. She is tough and capable, but the author didn't feel the need to make her heartless and gave her a sensitive and vulnerable side, which I love. I often find authors ruin powerful female characters by taking away vulnerabilities and feminine traits from them. I respect that Mary E. Pearson doesn't do that. I love all of her strong female characters because they are allowed to still be women and identifiable to a female audience. All in all, read this series, and I give Vow of Thieves the rating of FOUR AND A HALF STARS OUT OF FIVE!!!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment