Saturday 31 August 2019

Midnight Beauties (Grim Lovelies #2) by Megan Shepherd (Review)

      The sequel to Grim Lovelies, Midnight Beauties takes off from where it's predecessor ended. All of her friends are now trapped in their animal forms and she is being strong armed into marrying her enemy for political gain. To save her friends and herself , she will have to take on a coven of evil witches, the Royals and the whole world. It is quite and uphill battle. She is targeted for her power by everyone under the sun, and the clock is ticking for her to save the ones she loves.
     All things considered, I found that this book fits pretty well on the same level as Grim Lovelies. I found it forgettable, but there were a fair amount of pretty good elements that I did enjoy and can see other readers getting super into. The tension between Anouk and her enemies was pretty well written for the most part, and I enjoyed her interacting with them, but I found with her friends out of the picture for a good chunk of time, the side cast felt empty for that time. I'm struggling to say much else about this book, so I'll leave you with my rating. I give Midnight Beauties the rating of THREE AND A HALF STARS OUT OF FIVE!!!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment