Thursday 31 October 2019

Gravemaidens (Gravemaidens #1) by Kelly Coon (Review)

      When the king of Alu grows ill, an ancient ceremony is initiated to send three women (gravemaidens) as his brides into the afterlife. Kammani is a young woman in Alu, and wants nothing more than to be a as great a healer as her father, and to restore her family through her great skill. She's on the path to accomplishing that goal, but then her world is then thrown into utter chaos as the king grows ill and her sister is selected as one of the gravemaidens destined to die. As everyone else celebrates the honour, Kammani sees what it is: a death sentence. It is up to Kammani to save her sister the only way she knows how, to heal the king. Penalty for failing? Both she and her sister will die. With the stakes being this high, she has no room for mistakes or failure, esspecially when there are people who want nothing more than to make sure the king does not get healed.
       Gravemaidens was a mediocre to good read. I didn't love it, and probably won't re-read it, but I will be continuing in the series. I had a good time trying to figure out the mystery of it, and I was genuinely rooting for Kammani. My only issue was that I found this book dragged a little bit, and took a while to really capture my attention. I don't think this book is for everyone, and I don't believe that is the most interesting read ever, but I also cannot determine anything very wrong with it; so all in all, I would have to give Gravemaidens the rating of THREE AND A HALF STARS OUT OF FIVE!!!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment