Sunday 30 June 2019

Finale (Caraval #3) by Stephanie Garber (Review)

     The final novel in the Caraval series, Finale continues on where Legendary left off. Exhilarating, creative and fascinating, Finale does two primary things: finished the story started in Caraval, and builds the world with the goal of allowing for a spinoff series, which I'm fairy certain will be coming. The ending of Finale, which I will do everything I can not to spoil, pretty obviously did setup work for a spinoff series (it wasn't very subtle). Honestly, I'm not complaining, as I (and my sister, who I got to read it with me) both really enjoyed this trilogy. In Finale, the love triangle is further developed, but I won't tell you which man Scarlett may or may not end up with. Thats for you to find out. ;)
       Now my thoughts on Finale specifically without spoiling anything. I found it was a good conclusion for the series, but not perfectly satisfying like other books I have read. It is missing some extra humpsfa. It drags out at points, taking away from that seamless read that we all love and want. But I don't want to be too critical, because ultimately, I really enjoyed Finale and its predecessors. They and their deck of card themed magic tales are definitely worth the read! All in all, I liked Finale and give it the rating of FOUR AND A HALF STARS!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment