Tuesday 26 July 2016

Withering Rose (Once Upon A Curse #2) by Kaitlyn Davis (Review)

      A magical fairy-tale mash-up, Withering Rose takes the old classic of Beauty and the Beast and mixes it into the sci-fi fantasy world of the Once Upon a Curse series. Omorose Bouchene is a cursed magical princess that was sucked into our modern magic free world and was forced to hide her magic to survive. After running away from the military compound that she hid in for many years, she runs into The Beast and gets sucked into the danger and drama of his shifter royal court.
      I love fairytales, Beauty and the Beast specifically, so I’m very picky about remakes of my favorite fairytale. Surprisingly, I found very little that I disliked in this book. I really enjoyed reading Withering Rose, and my only complaint is how it felt a little shallow, which is not the worst thing ever because that allows it to be a fun summer read. The characters in Withering Rose were intriguing and emotionally engaging. I loved Omorose and the Beast. Individually they were good, but together they were a riveting couple. I give Withering Rose the rating of FOUR OUT OF FIVE STARS! 
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment