Saturday 23 April 2016

Paper Princess (The Royals #1) by Erin Watt (Review)

    Set in the modern world, the story Ella Harper is a classic rags to riches story. Taken from a world where she had to strip for money, she is thrust into a world of mansions, fancy cars and high society but with a dark twist. The new "brothers" she inherits hate her and want her gone. They harass her and plan to bully her into leaving this new world and return to the life she once had.
     Paper Princess is not what I expected. From the synopsis to the cover, I assumed that the novel would be clean and family friendly but I was dead wrong. There is content in this novel that makes me believe this novel should not be classified as Young Adult and be classified as Adult romance instead. Addicting but extremely inappropriate, Paper Princess is very well written but shows a very unhealthy relationship between her and one of the brothers that abused her emotionally and mistreated her. I found it very disturbing to read about. One minute he's tormenting her and harassing her and the next they are supposed to be in love? I'm not buying it. There is no way this relationship would not be seen as abusive and unhealthy in the real world. All that aside, the story was very well written and an addicting read (unhealthy relationship aside). I don't believe that anybody under the age of 18 should read it, so you have been warned. I give Paper Princess the rating of TWO AND A HALF STARS OUT OF FIVE!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment