Wednesday 31 July 2019

Grim Lovelies (Grim Lovelies #1) by Megan Shepherd (Review)

     Grim Lovelies is the tale of seventeen-year-old Beastie Anouk. Anouk was an animal, that through magic was transformed into a young human woman by a witch. Beasties are servants in this world, and her and her kind work for their evil creator, Mada Vittora. Anouk does the cleaning, and has never been outside, not even once, and she has lost toes the insanity that is her creator and master. After finding Mada Vittoria murdered, she is accused of the killing, and she and her fellow Beasties have to flee into Paris. As they flee, they attempt to prove their innocence and guard their lives as humans and they get hunted down every witch and magical being in Paris.
        Grim Lovelies was better than I expected. I liked the side cast quite a lot because they were all diverse, and trying to figure out which person was which animal before their transformations was a fun distractor while reading some of the more bland moments. Grim Lovelies was a good enough read to finish it in a couple days, but I would say that it was mostly forgettable. I moved onto the sequel not long after and I found I struggled to remember plot points from Grim Lovelies, because they didn't leave a massive impact on me when reading it. I could see many people really liking this book though, there were many great elements within, which is why I ultimately give Grim Lovelies the rating of THREE AND A HALF STARS OUT OF FIVE!!!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment