Friday 30 October 2015

Rising Tide (Sirens #1) by T.L. Zalecki (Review)

    Boring. That is how I would describe this novel. In a world where water levels have drastically risen and algae have killed off most of the marine animals habitats, humans survive and hiding from humans, sirens. With evil corporations controlling the world, nobody is truly safe.
    The cover and synopsis looked super cool and interesting. I was ready to be blown away with action, danger and mysteries. That is not at all what I received in Rising Tides. There was way to much unnecessary backstory and very little actually occurring in the novel.  I found that the plot had nothing large or important enough to capture and keep a readers attention. The story seemed to drag on and on with no apparent goals or intrigue. I did not think any of the characters in this novel were developed all that well, making them very hard to care about or connect with. There was a lot of uninteresting perceptive changes that made it hard to figure out the importance of the main characters. I definitely do not recommend this novel and give it ONE OUT OF FIVE STARS!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment